Virtual classrooms bring the medievel classroom into 21st century.Virtual classrooms use collaboration tools to re-create the structure and learning experiences of a physical classroom.
Virtual Classroom Tools
- Virtual Classroom Chat – Chat is probably the most familiar tool in the virtual classroom, but in order to design for this tool, you need to understand its capabilities.
- Breakout Rooms – Ready to kick your virtual training up to a higher level? Design for true collaboration with breakout room activities.
- Shared Whiteboards – Creating engagement in the virtual classroom is easy when you design effective whiteboard activities. Here are some tips to get you started.
- Application Sharing – Make sure your application training is more than a demonstration. Design collaborative exercises that exploit application sharing in your virtual classroom.
- Synchronized Web Browsing – Synchronized web browsing can add great interaction to a virtual classroom design, if only anyone used it. Create engagement using this versatile tool.
- Survey, Feedback, and Other Tools – This post discusses often overlooked virtual classroom tools. They can easily be inserted into a program to create interactive and collaborative activities.